Thursday 27 February 2014

SALAMANCA IN STYLE

Its always a wrench to leave for another place. Five days in Chueca, Madrid, with some great company made me feel sad to be leaving. However, once I had got a ticket and found the bus it all became easier . The avanza bus ticket costs about 20 euro and with 25% off for oldies it became a very reasonable price. But the bus was real luxury with only 3 seats across with padded simulated leather that would not have looked out of place in an upmarket car. 


The bus pulled into a rather shabby old bus station, unlike the new modern ones I'd got used to in Madrid. Out on the street I was once again frustrated by misinformation as I tried to get a bus to the hostel. Information on the web site said No 4 bus, and in reality it was No 13 I needed. Not speaking the language makes problems like this infinitely worse. ROUTE



After an hour of sleep headed out into the old city which does seem to have a few too many cathedrals for a city of this size. Saw several storks already in residence on their twiggy makeshift nests. Perhaps the towers and spires appeal to them.





No comments:

Post a Comment